A number of people have been asking about our plans for 2015, so while we are still finalizing them, I wanted to take a moment to share what we are thinking with you. Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from last year, we are definitely planning for Women Amplify 2015.
The event in 2015 will be bigger and better than last year, with top-rated keynote speakers, partners and sponsors. Some of the feedback from last year that we are working to incorporate includes:
- More networking and interaction time
- Hearing so many stories from women was inspirational
- The full-day format had pros (great to really get time away) and cons (it is hard to get a full day away)
- The keynote was a huge hit
While our theme has yet to be announced (we are finalizing the wording, so stay tuned) we’ve narrowed our focus into a few core ideas:
- Our mission is to educate, empower and inspire women to take their career and professional success to the next level
- In speaking with and surveying women in the area, many opportunities for growth center around communication, leadership, power, influence, negotiation, professional presence in addition to more personal topics like balance and prioritization
- Actionable topics are important – the content should directly link to improved performance
As we consider and incorporate all of this feedback we are very excited to release our 2015 details prior to the holiday.
If you have any comments, ideas or thoughts, please share them in the comments.
We are extremely excited about WAMS 2015 and we can’t wait to see you there. Together we can make this the leading event for professional women in the region!!!
- Krista & Elaine